The University was established by an Act of Parliament in 2003, out of a merger of the three former institutions Uganda Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), the Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), and the Uganda National Institute of Special Education (UNISE) that existed since 1928, 1947 and 1994 respectively. Kyambogo University is a young and rapidly developing institution today, with nearly 25,000 students; Kyambogo University is the second largest public university in the country. It has over 15 international collaborations with other Universities and Colleges in the world. Its located 8kms from the Kampala city Centre along the Kampala-Jinja high way. Readmore www.kyu.ac.ug
International Relations office is under the Vice Chancellors office and it serves as a point of contact between Kyambogo University and Institutions and Individuals world-wide seeking information on study and Research opportunities. It is also the first point of contact for those wishing to discuss potential collaborations.
The role of the International Office is facilitate the process of internationalization at Kyambogo University by offering technical support to all academic depts and programme coordinators of international initiatives and activities.
The International Office is mandated to develop a coherent strategy to promote the Kyambogo University’s international relations, global profile and international competitiveness.
- To serve as a point of contact between the Kyambogo University and the world University Community on matters such as collaboration in all aspects as well as attending to matters relating to both prospective and admitted students from outside Uganda.
- To serve as custodian of documents relating to agreements/Memoranda of understanding entered into between the University and other institutions of learning.
- To coordinate various activities as provided for in various agreements/MoUs, such as student and staff exchange programmes, summer schools, inter-institutional research collaborations and as a link with industries to enhance relations/activities of common interests, visions in the effort to create harmonization of theory and practice.
- To seek new relations and conduct monitoring and evaluation of all international related activities.
- Visa and travel assistance before and upon arrival.
- Assist in finding appropriate classes or work placement institutions for prospective and admitted students.
- Organizing their educational schedule and assigning contact persons and supervisors in conjunction with the academic departments.
- Provide safe and decent accommodation for international guests on and off campus.
- Arrange orientation activities for International Staffs and students including introducing them to Ugandan’s culture and Geographics.
- Support and advice throughout guests throughout their stay.
- Arrange airport pick-ups and drop offs.